1 whole red snapper (3-4 pounds), cleaned and scaled
Olive oil, for brushing the fish
Fresh cracked black pepper
1 bundle fresh herbs of choice (i.e. rosemary, thyme, marjoram, parsley)
1 medium lemon, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1. Preheat the oven to Roast 425°F. Wash the fish and pat dry with paper towels. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
2. Make several 1/4-inch deep cuts diagonally across the fish body. Place the fish on the lined baking sheet pan.
3. Oil the outsides of the fish and season the inside of the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff a bundle of the fresh herbs and 2 lemon slices inside the fish body.
4. Place several lemon slices on the outside of the fish and tie with kitchen string, criss crossing the lemons to secure them to the fish. Season the outside of the fish generously with salt and pepper.
5. Roast for about 30 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through at its thicken part. Remove the string and serve whole or fillet and serve with additional lemon wedges if desired.