3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/3 pound Spanish Chorizo, sliced into 1/4” slices
1/2 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined
1 small bell pepper, sliced thin
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, or to taste
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 pound mussels
1/2 pound clams
about 10 green olives, pitted and halved
1/2 cup green peas
additional salt and pepper to taste
optional garnish, minced parsley
1. Heat large sauté pan or 13’ paella pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, and then add chorizo, shrimp and bell peppers. Sear until lightly brown on all sides, about 2 minutes. Remove everything from the pan.
2. Add remaining Tablespoon of olive oil and cook onions and garlic until translucent and fragrant.
3. In same pan reduce heat to low heat and add chicken broth, lemon juice, white rice, crushed tomatoes, saffron threads, sweet paprika and salt. Gently stir until well combined and bring to a very low simmer. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in mussels, clams, green olives, green peas and the pre-cooked mixture of shrimp, chorizo, and bell peppers. Make sure mussels and clams are nestled down into the rice mixture.
5. Cover pan and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender and fluffy and the shellfish have opened up. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
6. Garnish with parsley, serve with warm.