This may be due to an error in the baking technique (human error) or the oven may not be performing optimally. Performing the Biscuit/Cookie Bake Test will let you know if the cause is human error or oven error. We use this test to help develop our ovens.
Biscuit/Cookie Bake Test:
1. Purchase Pillsbury Grands Biscuits or Pillsbury Sugar Cookies. They are “unbaked” and can be found in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
2. Use a shiny, aluminum cookie sheet that is 12 x 15” or larger.
3. Follow package instructions for laying the biscuits/cookies out on the cookie sheet. Failure to follow package recommended spacing will negatively affect bake results.
4. Do not put the cookie sheets into the oven until PREHEAT is finished.
5. If baking one cookie sheet, place it on rack position 3. If baking two cookie sheets at once, place them on rack positions 2 and 4.
6. Follow package instructions for baking time.
7. Do not open the oven door once the biscuits/cookies have been put into the oven. Use the oven light and window to view the biscuits/cookies if you wish.
8. At the minimum baking time listed on the package, check the baking results through the window. If the biscuits/cookies are not baked to satisfaction, check them every minute and allow them to bake more until fully baked or until the maximum baking time listed on the package has been reached, whichever happens first.
9. If the biscuits/cookies turn out well during the baking times noted on the package – this means the oven is performing properly and does not need a service visit.
10. If the biscuits/cookies turn out overdone or underdone during the baking times noted on the package – this means the oven needs to be checked by an authorized Thermador servicer.
Please schedule a service visit.
View the Thermador YouTube Channel to learn
how to check your oven’s temperature (perform the bake test)