2-3 whole live West Coast Spiny lobsters
2-3 pounds of whole baby red potatoes, kept whole or quartered
4 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut in half or 3rds
4 large cloves garlic, slightly crushed
1/4 cup Kosher salt or sea salt
1 Tablespoon old bay seasoning
For the Herb Butter:
1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (thyme, dill, parsley or cilantro)
Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large stockpot with water that is large enough to fill the lobsters. Add garlic, salt, and old bay seasoning to the water and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes and cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the potatoes begin to soften depending on the size of your potatoes.
2. Place the live lobsters in the freezer for 10-20 minutes (this will put the lobster to sleep before boiling to humanely kill them).
3. Add lobsters into the hot water, head first. Cover the pot and continue cooking the lobster for about 8 minutes or until the shells are bright red. Add the corn and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove lobsters and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the potatoes and corn from the pot.
5. While the lobsters are cooling, make the herb butter. Heat small saucepan on medium heat. Melt butter, garlic and fresh herbs together until fragrant and bubbly. Remove from heat.
6. Arrange the lobster, corn and potatoes on a larger platter or spread across a covered table. Use lobster shears or tools to remove lobster meat from the shells. Serve with the potatoes, corn, lemon wedges and melted garlic herb butter.