Recall to Inspect Thermador Combination Thermal/Microwave Ovens Models CM301 and CM302
Thermador has identified a potential safety problem with models CM301 and CM302 combination thermal/microwave ovens manufactured before November 2000. The oven door may not lock during the self-clean cycle. If someone were to open the oven door during the self-clean cycle, food particles or other combustible materials could catch fire and injure them. The potential for a problem was identified during normal product testing. To date, there have been no incidents reported. Again, this problem can happen only during self-cleaning.
Thermador will repair your oven at no cost if the door lock does not work correctly. The models included in this program have serial numbers starting with one of the four-digit codes listed shown below:
2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010
The serial tag is located behind the air vent on the top right hand side of the oven cavity.
Please check the serial tag to see if your oven is included. If it is, please follow the steps below to see if your latch is working correctly. If you have model CM 302 you must check the ovens one at a time.
1. Empty your oven, including the racks, and ensure that the oven interior is free from combustible material.
2. Press SELF-CLEAN and START
3. After the lock icon [ ] appears in the upper right corner of the display, pull on the oven door.
4. If the oven door opens, press “OVEN OFF” immediately
. Call Thermador Customer Service toll free at 1-800-735-4328 extension 4157
and arrangements will be made to check and repair your oven. Please call Monday through Friday between 6 AM and 5 PM Pacific Time.
5. If the door stays locked, it is working correctly. Please call the toll free number shown above and report the serial number of your oven. It is important that we account for all of the ovens that are OK as well as the few that need repair.
If you decide not to check your oven yourself, please contact us at Thermador Customer Service number shown in the previous instructions and we will make arrangements to have your oven checked at your convenience.
Thank you for your attention to this matter. We are sorry for any inconvenience we have caused you.