Halibut with Tomato White Wine Compote
2 Halibut steaks, about ½ pound (225g) each
½ cup (120ml) White Wine
1 pound (455g) Cherry Tomatoes, cut into halves
2 Tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons finely minced Shallots
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh Tarragon
2 Tablespoons unsalted Butter
Kosher or Sea Salt
fresh cracked Black Pepper
1. Preheat Steam oven to 212 degrees F, steam mode.
2. Combine the white wine, lemon juice, and shallots in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and continue cooking for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
3. Stir in butter, tarragon and tomatoes, gently stirring until the butter is completely melted. Cook for an additional minute, or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
4. Rinse and pat dry the halibut. Season with salt and pepper. Place on tray and steam for 10 minutes or until cooked to your preferred doneness.
5. Plate halibut and pour a couple tablespoons of tomato compote over each steak.