Enjoy this light and delicious pastry for breakfast.
1¼ cups of flour
5 tbsp butter or margarine
1 small egg
Margarine or butter for greasing the pan
¼ lb mushrooms
1 cup crème fraîche
1 tbsp tomato purée
Freshly ground pepper
¼ lb cubes of sheep’s cheese marinated in herbs
1. To make the dough, knead together the flour, butter, egg and a small pinch of salt in the food processor with the dough hook.
2. Knead the dough again with your hands and make into a ball shape. Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough on a floured work surface and use it to line a greased 9” square baking dish. Place in the refrigerator until the topping is ready to be added.
4. Preheat the oven. To make the topping, make a cross incision in the tomatoes. Place in the perforated cooking pan. Slide in the cooking pan at level 3.
5. Insert the baking pan underneath. Steam the tomatoes at 210° F for 2-3 minutes. Peel off the skin. Cut the tomatoes into eights and remove the seeds. Wipe and slice the mushrooms.
6. Thoroughly mix the crème fraîche, eggs and tomato purée and season with salt and pepper.
7. Spread the topping evenly over the dough and lay the tomato slices, mushrooms and well-drained cheese cubes on top.
8. Slide in the quiche at level 2 and bake with Combination mode at 350° F for 35-40 minutes.
Serve with a green salad.