Warm up with a cup of apple cider and prepare a grand dinner with this succulent roasted pork.
1 onion finely sliced
1 tsp oil
4 oz fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp sage freshly chopped
Salt and pepper
3¼ lb pork loin
2.2 lb potatoes, peeled and in chunks
4-6 carrots, 1 inch lengths
4-6 baby parsnips halved lengthways
1 butternut squash, deseeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
2 red onions quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
4-6 small apples
4-6 sprigs of rosemary
1. Make the stuffing by softening onion in the oil and combining with breadcrumbs, egg, sage and season.
2. Cut a slit in the centre of the pork roast to fill with half of the stuffing mix.
3. Place the pork roast in the baking pan. Slide in the baking pan at level 2 and roast with Combination mode at 350° F for 90-100 minutes. After 15 minutes, add the potatoes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare vegetables and toss in oil. Core the apples and pack with remaining stuffing.
5. For the last 25 minutes of roasting time, place the apples on the half size cooking pan. Insert into the oven at level 4. Add the vegetables to the pork roast and continue to cook.
6. At the end of the roasting time, turn the vegetables and garnish with the rosemary.