Comfort food at its finest.
1 eggplant, ¾ lb
7 oz ricotta
¾ lb spinach
1 clove garlic
¼ cup flour
3 tbsp butter or margarine
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup milk
Salt and black pepper
1 tsp lemon juice
8 light lasagna noodles, not precooked
2 medium tomatoes
5 sprigs of thyme
3 oz grated Parmesan
3 sprigs of basil, cut into strips
1. Wash the eggplant, cut off the ends and slice lengthways.
2. Place in the perforated cooking pan in the oven at level 3 and insert the baking pan underneath.
3. Steam at 210° F for 5-7 minutes. Leave the slices to drain thoroughly. Dab with paper towels and spread ricotta on top.
4. Wash and rinse the spinach and steam in the perforated cooking pan at 210° F for 3 minutes.
5. For the sauce, peel and chop the garlic and sweat briefly in hot butter or margarine together with the flour.
6. Mix the broth and milk and pour in slowly while stirring continuously. Bring the sauce to the boil once while stirring. Add plenty of salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
7. Grease an ovenproof dish. Add some sauce.
8. In alternate layers, add the lasagna noodles, spinach, eggplant and slices of tomatoes, sauce, thyme leaves and half of the Parmesan. The last layer should be lasagna noodles and sauce.
9. Finally, sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan and bake the lasagna at level 2 with Combination at 350° F for 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle basil on top and serve hot.