Fragrant and delicious pears are the perfect ending to your meal.
⅔ cup red wine
½ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp blackberry or cherry jam
½ tsp cinnamon
Grated zest of an unwaxed orange
4 medium-sized pears
1. Heat the red wine, sugar, jam, cinnamon and orange zest in a saucepan until the sugar and jam have dissolved.
2. Peel the pears, halve lengthways and remove the core with a melon baller or knife.
3. Spread out the fruit in the baking pan, pour over the red wine mixture immediately and carefully turn the pear halves in the sauce.
4. Slide in the baking pan at level 2 and steam at 210° F for approx. 20 minutes, until the pears are soft, but not falling apart.
5. Remove the pears and arrange on plates. Reduce the red wine mixture in a saucepan over a low heat.
6. Pour the red wine sauce over the pears and serve warm.