Pair this sweet and tangy dish with your favorite wine.
3-4 duck breast fillets, approximately 1½ lb
2 tbsp honey
6 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ lb chestnut mushrooms
2 slices bacon
3 garlic cloves
1 large sprig of rosemary
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
⅔ cup white wine
2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with water
1. Preheat the oven with the baking pan in it.
2. Remove the skin and fat from the fillets and cut the meat into strips ½ inch wide. Stir together the honey and balsamic vinegar. Marinate the strips of duck breast in this mixture for15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, clean the mushrooms and halve or quarter them, according to size. Cut the bacon into strips and the garlic into thin slices. Strip the rosemary leaves from the sprig.
4. Thoroughly drain the strips of duck breast and set the remaining marinade aside. Dab the meat dry and season with salt and pepper. Sear the meat in batches in hot olive oil for 1 minute. Place in the preheated baking pan, slide in the pan at level 2 and braise with Slow Cook at 170° F for 5-7 minutes.
5. Sear the bacon slightly in the remnants in the pan. Add the mushrooms, garlic and rosemary and fry briefly. Pour in the white wine and marinade. Reduce to approx. 3 tbsp of liquid.
6. Stir the cornstarch into the simmering sauce and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the strips of duck breast and serve immediately.