Posted by: Kyle Jakobi
Culinary enthusiasts who are making 2014 their most healthful year will be glad to know that eating well doesn’t need to be complicated. This Healthy Steamed Seasonal Vegetables with Lemon Vinaigrette recipe features the fresh, delicate taste of steamed vegetables cooked in a Thermador Steam and Convection Oven, combined with the tart brightness of lemon. This is a delicious, light and nourishing dish!
1 medium head Cauliflower or Romanesco
¼ pound of Broccoli or Broccolini
2 medium Bell Peppers or any Vegetable combination of your choice
For the vinaigrette:
¼ cup (60ml) Olive Oil
Zest of 1 medium Lemon
Juice of 1 medium Lemon
¼ teaspoon Kosher or Sea Salt, or more to taste
Fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. Wash and prepare vegetables. When selecting vegetables, try to choose vegetables that have similar firmness and texture so that they all cook evenly at the same cooking time.
2. Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces. Cooking times will vary depending on how thick you cut the vegetables. Check doneness of vegetables occasionally.
3. Put Steam Oven on Steam Mode at 212 degrees F.
4. Place vegetables in full-size cooking pan.
5. Steam vegetables for about 10 minutes or until cooked to your preferred tenderness.
6. In medium bowl, whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
7. Toss vinaigrette with vegetables and serve.