Thermador’s Recipe of the Month
Zucchini can be cooked many different ways. On the grill, fried, baked — you name it, it’s probably been done.
But zucchini in cookies? No way, not a chance. You can’t put vegetables in cookies, right? Nope, and here’s where this blog post ends.
Or does it? (No, it doesn’t end…keep reading!)
Our good friends at Two Peas and Their Pod found a way to have your cake and eat it, too. And let’s just say their zucchini cookies are zesty.
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 cup shredded zucchini
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add egg and vanilla extract. Next, add the shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
4. Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
5. Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies